Commencement Day for Guests
Arrival and Parking
Guests and visitors may park in the parking lots adjacent to the auditorium where the commencement service will be held. Concordia personnel will be stationed throughout the lot to guide you as you park and to assist with directions. Parking is limited, so please carpool whenever possible. If the lot adjacent to the auditorium fills up, you may be asked to park in a lot further away. Please follow personnel instructions. A golf cart will also be available for transportation from the parking lot.
Admission and Seating
Out of respect to our graduates, guests are asked to find their seats before 2:00 p.m.
- The doors of Riverbend Centre will open at 1:00 p.m. No tickets are required to attend the service.
- Admission to the facility will not be permitted 30 minutes after the start of the commencement service. Persons leaving the building after this time will not be readmitted.
- Please do not enter the area in which graduates are gathering in order not to disrupt the final preparations for the service.
- Upon entering, guests may sit in any seats that are not reserved for graduates or faculty.
- Guest seating is not reserved and is available on a first come basis.
- Because space is limited, we ask that guests fill rows from the center outward.
- Ushers will help you locate seating if you need assistance; please follow their directions when selecting seats as the ushers are aware of any limitations or restrictions.
- Please follow usher instructions.
After the Service
Also as a show of respect for our graduates, all guests are asked to wait for graduates, regents, and faculty to fully exit the auditorium before leaving their seats.
Photography During the Service
You are understandably proud of the accomplishments soon to be celebrated here. Guests are more than welcome to take photographs from their seats during the service, but should not stand in the aisles or block other guests’ view. Only official photographers will be permitted around the stage area.
Two pictures of each graduate will be taken by a professional photographer from Flash Photography. One photo is of the student as they shake hands with President Thomas Cedel on stage, and the other is an individual picture taken in front of a backdrop after the student leaves the stage. Flash Photography will then contact the student to purchase photos if they wish.
For additional information regarding Graduation or the Commencement Service please contact the Registrar's Office at 512.313.4643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Main Graduation/Commencement Page
This page was last updated on Mar. 25, 2013.
Problem with this page? Contact the Web Content Manager