The Bob & Anita Schjerven Scholarship is offered to Junior and Senior full-time students majoring in a church work program. There is one partial scholarship offered and one full scholarship offered that provides financial support toward Tuition and Fees for the two semesters of the Academic Year 2014-2015, plus on-campus Room and Board (full meal plan).
No substitutions may be made to this award. This award, combined with any other aid, including outside grants or loans, may not exceed the cost of attendance as determined by the Office of Student Financial Services and will be reduced if that occurs.
The minimum cumulative GPA is 3.0. Volunteer efforts in the local or college community will be considered part of the leadership abilities. Selection criteria is based on 50% Academic Excellence and 50% on Leadership Abilities. Selection of the recipient will be made by a committee.
Recipient responsibilities will include:
- acknowledgment of receipt of this scholarship award to the donor via a thank-you letter,
- attendance at the annual Awards Banquet,
- maintenance of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better,
- continued volunteer service during the year of the award,
- and maintenance of full-time student status in a church work program.
Applications and all attached documentation (i.e. letters of reference, vita, etc.) must be received by Glenda Prewett no later than Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 5:00 PM.
Detailed requirements, along with supporting documentation, can be found on the
Schjerven Scholarship Application Form 2015-2016 (PDF)