- Digital Commons Network -Dates vary. Free, open access, full-text scholarly articles from hundreds of universities and colleges worldwide.
- Directory of Open Access Journals - (Lund University Libraries) Dates vary. Free open access, full-text scientific and scholarly journals.
- HathiTrust Digital Library - A Partnership of academic & research institutions, offering a collection of millions of titles (many full-text) digitized from libraries around the world. A great resource for primary sources. Some titles/collections are limited.
- ipl2 - Offers subject pathfinders, an online reference service, and websites chosen by librarians.
- Worldcat - Searchable catalog of books in public and academic libraries across the country.
Art and Architecture
Business and Economics
- CIA World Fact Book - Provides detailed information on countries around the world.
- Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names - Locates geographic places and states official names.
- Google Maps Gallery - Interactive digital maps from a variety of businesses, governments, & nonprofit organizations, such as National Geographic, World Bank Group & the US Geological Survey.
- MultiMap - Offers maps from around the world.
- NationMaster - Graphically compare other nations using data from CIA World Factbook, UN and OECD.
- National Atlas - Offers thousands of diverse maps about North America.
- Worldmapper - Includes world maps in various categories, including population and birth rate.
Health and Nutrition
- AllNurses - A nursing discussion board, where nurses and nursing students can discuss relevant topics. Also contains links to blogs, articles, and websites.
- Nursing World - Website for the American Nurses Association. Presents information about the profession, including ethical standards and policies.
- African-American Odyssey - Historical documents on the African-American experience.
- American Slave Narratives - The oral histories of 2,300 former slaves collected during 1936 - 1938.
- American Memory - Amazing site from the Library of Congress, many primary documents
- The American Presidency Project - One of the most comprehensive sites dedicated to the presidency.
- American Women - Women's history and culture within the U.S.
- BlackPast.org - Provides primary and secondary materials on six centuries of African American history
- The Carlyle Letters - 32 volumes of letters from an important Victorian-era couple.
- Charters of Freedom - Digital images of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
- Chronicling America - The pages of 36 American newspapers from 1900 - 1910.
- Colonial Williamsburg - Interactive exhibits from the largest living history museum.
- Discovering American Women's History Online - Database providing primary resources about US women's history.
- Documenting the American South - Digital collection of primary and secondary sources regarding southern history.
- Duke Collection of American Indian Oral History - Transcripts of interviews with American Indians from 1967-1972.
- Footnote - "The place for original documents online." National Archives materials on the web.
- France in America - Books, maps, and prints describing French influence in North America.
- George Washington Papers - Largest Washington collection in the world, full-text primary sources.
- Immigration to the United States, 1789 - 1930 - Books & photographs from Harvard libraries' archives.
- In the First Person - Letters, diaries, oral histories and personal narratives, most available for free.
- JFK Video: The Dallas Tapes - Historic footage of the JFK assassination from the KDFW archives.
- Library of Congress Flickr Project - Collection of historical photographs including color images from the 1930s-40s.
- Library of Congress: Prints and Photographs Reading Room - 13.7 million images of U.S. life.
- The Living Room Candidate - A collection of presidential campaign commercials, 1952-present.
- Making of America - Full-text primary sources, including "War of the Rebellion."
- National Archives Experience: Digital Vaults - Offers over 1200 documents from the National Archives.
- Pictures of the Civil War - Activities, places, and portraits of the Civil War.
- The Presidential Timeline - Access part of the collections of 12 presidential libraries across the U.S.
- Voting America: United States Politics 1840 - 2008 - Animated maps of American political history.
- War of the Rebellion - Full-text primary source, dating back to 1880.
- The Warren Commission Report - Full-text report regarding the assassination of JFK.
World & General History
Journalism and News
- BBC News - World news from the BBC.
- The Center for Public Integrity - Non-profit dedicated to producing responsible investigative journalism.
- HeadlineSpot - Searchable site includes links to countless online news sources.
- ipl2: Newspapers & Magazines - Extensive collection of newspaper and magazine links from around the world.
- Journalism.org - Offers journalism resources, state of the news briefings and daily headlines.
- Newseum - Includes hundreds of full-color front pages from around the world and links to newspaper sites.
Literature and Film
- The Academy of American Poets - Essays, interviews, poems and audio clips of poetry.
- Academy Awards Database - Past winners, nominees and statistics on award categories.
- Allmovie - Searchable synopses, biographies, reviews and more.
- Antislavery Literature Project - Traces the origins of multicultural literature in the U. S.
- Bibliomania - Full-text classics and study guides.
- The Camelot Project - Arthurian texts, images, bibliographies and basic information.
- Geoffrey Chaucer Online - Includes the Electronic Canterbury Tales and information on Chaucer's work in context.
- The Internet Archive - Provides media coverage, online texts, an archive of moving images, and more.
- The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) - Plot outlines, cast overviews, trivia and quotes.
- Library of Southern Literature - Primary materials that offer Southern perspectives on American history.
- The Online Books Page - Links to over 25,000 free online books.
- The Online Medieval and Classical Library - Important literary works of Medieval civilization.
- The Paris Review - Contains some free features, such as interviews and commentary of great authors.
- The Poetry Foundation - Free, open-source, poetry, poet bios, educational material, and an informative genre guide. Indexing tools and TOC access for Poetry magazine.
- Project Gutenberg - First and largest collection of free ebooks.
- Rotten Tomatoes - News and expert & user reveiws on movies and TV.
- Treasures in Full - Full-text of rare historic works from the British Library.
- The William Blake Archive - Digitized illuminated books blur the boundaries of art and literature.
- Allmusic - Searchable biographies, discographies. music samples, reviews and more.
- Bodleian Library Broadside Ballads - Over 30,000 ballads from the 16th - 20th centuries.
- Cantus - Database of thousands of Latin ecclesiastical chants.
- Digital Mozart Edition - Entire catalog of Mozart's compositions plus critical commentary.
- Historic American Sheet Music - 3,042 pieces, published in the U.S. between 1850 and 1920.
- IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library - Offers free sheet music from the public domain.
- The Organ Site - Images and history of 2,315 organs worldwide.
- The Pipe Organ - Extensive information about the pipe organ. Contains a glossary of organ terms.
- The Red Hot Jazz Archive - Songs, films, images, biographies, and critiques on jazz up to 1930.
- Smithsonian Folkways - Provides a library of American folk music, as well as access to Folkways magazine.
- Highwire Press - Largest repository of free, full-text, peer-reviewed content hosted by Stanford.
- Intute - Searches EEVL, GEsource, and PDIgate for freely available web sources.
- National Science Digital Library - Interactive resources and images in the sciences.
- Scirus - The most comprehensive science-specific search engine on the Internet.
- Skeptic.com - Scientific society dedicated to investigating controversial claims.
- U.S. Geological Survey - Offers data on biology, geography, geology by state or at the national level.
Biology, Environmental Science
- Alternative Fuels Data Center - Studies on biodiesel, ethanol, hydrogen, natural gas, and propane.
- BiologyBrowser - Free resources from Thomson Reuters on the life sciences.
- Biotechnology Industry Organization - Largest organization representing biotechnology interests.
- Edwards Aquifer - Collection of images and essays on this unique groundwater system.
- Encyclopedia of Earth - Peer-reviewed, online reference articles about the Earth and its environment.
- Encyclopedia of Life - Scientific information about the species of the Earth.
- Environmental Protection Agency - Environmental science, research, and education efforts.
- Primate Info Net - Provides original content and links to resources about nonhuman primates.
- National Agriculture Library - Government info on livestock, crops, research and technology.
- Scitable - Free science articles, currently focusing on genetics; registration is required.
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - Data on air quality, water and waste management.
- Water Resources of the United States - Maps, data, and analysis of the nation's water systems.
Astronomy, Geology, Physical Science
Sociology and Anthropology
Sports and Kinesiology
Our mission is to develop Christian leaders