The Master of Education in Educational Administration prepares students for leadership in the educational arena. This specialization is comprised of 30 credit hours (11 courses), and prepares students to sit for the TExES Principal Certification Exam #068. A 32-week practicum is required.
Candidates for the Texas Principal certificate must:
- Hold a master's degree
- Hold a valid classroom teaching certificate
- Have a minimum of two creditable years of classroom teaching experience in a K-12 school
- Successfully complete a principal preparation program, including a practicum at a TEA-approved campus in Texas under the guidance of a state-certified mentor.
- Obtain permission from Concordia to sit for the Texas principal certification exam (this is done by passing the practice exam with a score of 80% or better correct)
- Pass the state Principal Exam (068).
Graduate students selecting this specialization:
Will meet principal certification requirements set forth by the State of Texas
Will display ethical and Christian leadership skills necessary to help students grow in a healthy and productive manner
Will display all the skills necessary to be a successful administrator at private or public schools
Will be trained in federal, state, and local laws, policies, and procedures
Will have the opportunity to complete Advancing Educational Leadership (AEL) and Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) training.
Will complete a practicum as an acting administrator at the campus or district level
Core Courses (12 hours)
MED 5303 Curriculum Design and Practice
MED 5305 Education Research
MED 5308 Ethics and Leadership in Education
MED 5309 Differentiated Instruction and Learning Theory
Specialization: Educational Administration (18 hours)
applicable to all Ed. Admin. students
EDAD 5322 Legal Foundations of Education
EDAD 5323 Evaluation and Assessment in Education
EDAD 5351 Principal as Diversity Leader
EDAD 5352 Principal as Resource Leader
EDAD 5353 Principal as Professional Development and Continuing Education Leader
EDAD 5154 Practicum I
EDAD 5254 Practicum II
Apply for the Master of Education in Educational Administration program