Concordia University Texas and its School of Business and Communication are pleased to announce that applications are now being taken for the Central Texas Compensation & Benefits Association Scholarship. This scholarship, funded through a gift by the Central Texas Compensation & Benefits Association (CTCBA), will provide one $1,700 scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic year to a business student in the School of Business and Communication.
Applications will be accepted September 1 through October 30.
Qualifications of student
- Be enrolled as a student at either Concordia Main Campus or N Lamar University Center;
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing;
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0;
- Have documented financial need as determined through Concordia’s Financial Aid Guidelines;
- Be pursuing a BA in Human Resource Management with interest in a career in Human Resources;
- Be classified as a junior or senior per credit hours as set by the Registrar’s office;
- Be a preferred member of World at Work or the Society of Human Resources Management;
- Be enrolled in HRM 3320 – Compensation and Benefits in the year the scholarship is offered;
- Preference will be given to a student registered to the HRM 3320
- Secondary preference will be given to HR students who have already taken the course or who will take the course as part of their HR degree.
Required Supporting Documentation
- List of 3 references
- Letter of reference
- One page essay describing how the student plans to leave their mark on the world based on their education.
Students must apply by submitting their scholarship application and all required supporting documentation to the:
School of Business and Communication
Attn: Executive Administrative Assistant
Concordia University Texas
11400 Concordia University Drive
Austin, TX 78726