Concordia University Texas and its College of Business are pleased to announce that applications are now being taken for the Schjerven Business Leadership Scholarship. This scholarship, funded through a gift by Bob and Anita Schjerven, will provide two $10,000 scholarships for the 2015 - 2016 academic year to students in the College of Business.
Applications will be accepted September 1 through October 15.
The outstanding Concordia students who are selected to receive this award should meet all qualifications in the following areas:
- The scholarship recipients of this fund will be full-time students at Concordia.
- Students receiving these funds will be in good academic and disciplinary standing, and should have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Preference will be given to a student with a documented financial need above $10,000 per year as determined through Concordia’s Financial Aid guidelines.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a student classified as a junior or senior according to the number of credit hours achieved as set by the Registrar’s office.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a student who has completed 2 semesters of graduate study in the College of Business
- The students shall be pursuing degrees in the College of Business and shall
- Have demonstrated mastery of business subjects and by their serious ness of purpose and enthusiasm for the business curriculum, strongly indicate potential for substantial success in that endeavor;
- Exhibit successful entrepreneurial traits through personal accomplishment and industriousness;
- Grow in interpersonal skills and clearly embrace the heart for servant leadership, serving the common good within their various communities;
- Be clearly committed to Christian principles and put Jesus Christ first in their lives.
Required Supporting Documentation:
- List of 3 references;
- Letter of reference; and
- A one-page essay describing how the student plans to leave their mark on the world based on their education.
Students must apply by submitting their scholarship application and all required supporting documentation to the:
College of Business
Attn: Executive Administrative Assistant
Concordia University Texas
11400 Concordia University Drive Austin, TX 78726